The Pocono Family YMCA is currently closed due to the Governor's orders. We will be reopening childcare & Summer Care on June 8th. Please sign up in advance to reserve your spots. Space is limited. Our programs and childcare may take look a little different as we return but we will get through this season together. Please check for more updates soon.
We stand in solidarity with the #BlackLivesMatter movement. We are saddened by the injustices that people face over and over again in the US.
Black lives matter because they are human lives. And, in recognition of the tremendous and unfair struggles they face, we must all be a part of the solution to change this unfortunate reality of inequality.
The Pocono Family YMCA is proud to collaborate with the Pennsylvania State Alliance of YMCA's on the 7th Grade Membership Initiative. The Y will provide a free membership to 7th Graders in Monroe County. Memberships will run from September to August proceeding the school year. 7th Graders may sign up at any time during the year but the membership will expire on August 31st.
The 7th Grade Membership Initiative is an opportunity for the Y to engage, cultivate and connect with youth at a time that is most crucial to their development. By providing a safe and fun environment for 7th graders, the Y is assisting youth to learn about healthier lifestyles, gain independence, and make new friends.
1. Access to the Pocono Family YMCA in Stroudsburg.
2. Access to the fitness center and cardio suite after completing the Teen Strength Program.
3. Access to the pool for recreational/open swim times.
4. Access to Open Gym time in the Basketball Court.
5. Basic Group Exercise classes.
6. Member rates on programs.
1. Come to the Y with a parent or guardian
2. Present a report card, class roster, or student ID with photo and grade showing that the student will be entering the 7th grade during the school year.
3. Complete the Y membership application
4. Complete the 7th Grade Membership Parent & Student Agreement
Research shows that seventh grade is a critical time in a young person's life when exposure to risk factors greatly increases. Risk factors are conditions or influences that have been shown to increase the likelihood of unhealthy behaviors including substance abuse, delinquency, teen pregnancy, school drop-out, and violence. It is also during the teen years that youth begin to distance themselves from family and positive support systems.
The Y makes accessible the support and opportunities that empower these youth to reach their personal potential. We also provide youth with knowledge, skills, character, and passion to be more active in the community as adults.
This program is available to members and non-members between the ages of 12-15. They will learn the proper strength and cardiovascular training techniques. Upon completion of the program they will receive their Teen Strength card to wear as active members in the fitness and cardio centers.
Fees: Members $50