The Y is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for everyone, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in our programs. We expect people using the Y to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others.
In consideration of all members and to ensure your own safety while at the Y, we ask that you respect our facility regulations:
1. Children under the age of 10 must be escorted AT ALL TIMES by a responsible adult 18 years or older.
2. No one under 12 years of age is permitted in the Fitness Center 12-15 young adults will be permited to use the fitness center accompanied by an adult 25 years or older or unless they have completed the Teen Strength program. Youth 12-15 years old may use the equipment after successfully completing the Teen Strength Training Program. Their Teen Strength Cards are required to be worn upon entry to the Fitness Center.
3. The Y is a smoke-free area. Smoking is not permitted on any of the Y premises, including the walkway at our front entrance.
4. Members must scan their membership ID's at the Member Service Desk upon entering the facility. Guests must present ID at the Member Service Desk upon entering the facility.
5. Members and guests should use only the front door when entering or exiting the building.
6. Members should keep their belongings locked in a locker. The Pocono Family YMCA is not responsible for items lost or stolen in the building.
7. The handicap spaces in the parking lot are for cars with appropriate license plates or placards only. Members without appropriate credentials displayed on their cars are not permitted to park in these spaces at any time.
8. Children age 5 and under may accompany their parent/guardian into the opposite sex locker room with adult supervision. For older children, a family changing room is available across from the pool entrance.
9. Locks are not to be left on lockers overnight. The Y reserves the right to remove any locks left on the lockers overnight.
10. Cell phone use in the locker room is prohibited! Please turn off your cell phone when in the locker rooms.
11. Gym bags are not to be left on the floor in the fitness center. All items found lying on the floors in the fitness center will be removed.
12. Sexual misconduct and/or harassment are not permitted.
13. Abuse, foul language, and/or fighting are not permitted.
14. Weapons (i.e. firearms and knives) are not permitted.
Failure to comply with the above regulations may result in the termination of your membership privileges. VIOLATORS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE!