The YMCA's current Main Street building consists of 4 major building projects. The YMCA was created on July 17, 1914 and after a generous donation by Mrs. W. Burnett Easton of "Harriet Hall." After some renovations the Y held its grand opening in 1916. The renovated building consisted of a bowling alley, swimming pool, and a gym. In 1955 the main portion of the building was added - the gym, pool and front 3 floors of the building, including the third floor residence. In 1985 the fitness center and aerobics room were added and the upper part of the 1915 building was converted into racquetball courts. The racquetball courts were replaced in 2005 with a Cardio Suite. In 1993 the adjacent Lim property was purchased and turned into the Learning & Caring Center which now houses some of our child care programs.
In 2014 the Pocono Family YMCA celebrated its 100th Anniversary. The Y is committed to youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility throughout Monroe County and our surrounding communities.